New Zealand Visa & Migration Specialists

  • Call Us: (09) 974 9637
  • Mail Us :
  • Call Us: (09) 974 9637
  • Mail Us :
  • Mon - Sat, 10 am to 6 pm

Family Visas


There are a number of New Zealand family visas that provide the opportunity for you to join your family in New Zealand, either temporarily or permanently. A Visitor visa will suffice to simply holiday with family in New Zealand, but you may be eligible for permanent residency status if a member of your family is a citizen or permanent resident themselves. Following is a brief look at some of the many types of family visa available.

Partner Visas: If your partner is a New Zealand citizen or resident, or holds a visa for any reason, there are many visa options available to you that may allow you to visit, work, or study. Your partner must support your application. If your partner’s residence is temporary, your permitted length of stay will likely be the same as his or hers.

Dependent Child Visas: If you have or are applying for a visa for any reason, you may also apply for your children, aged 19 and under, to come to New Zealand as visitors for the same duration as your visa. If you are a New Zealand citizen or resident and you reside here, you can apply for your dependent children to move to New Zealand to live permanently with you.

Parent and Grandparent Visitor Visa: Parents and grandparents may visit family in New Zealand multiple times on the same visa, for up to 18 months in a three-year period.

Parent Retirement Resident Visa: Parents who have an adult child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident can apply to live in New Zealand permanently. To be eligible, you must have an annual income of NZ $60,000, plus NZ $1 million to invest for 4 years, and another NZ $500,000 for living expenses.

Guardian of a Student Visitor Visa: Parents and legal guardians are permitted to visit New Zealand to live with and take care of their children while they are studying in New Zealand.

Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa: If your partner supports your application, you can apply for a Visitor Visa to come to New Zealand and get married. Your marriage must follow an identified cultural tradition and the ceremony must occur within 3 months of your arrival.

Adoption Visitor Visa/Intercountry Adoption Residence Visa: These visas apply for New Zealand citizens or residents who want to bring children from other countries to New Zealand to adopt, or who want to bring children already adopted from another country to live with them permanently.

Refugee Family Support Resident Visa: If you have a family member who was granted New Zealand residence under the status of refugee or protected person, they may be able to sponsor your application for New Zealand residence.